Home Getting Help Getting Help

Getting Help

Legal and related services

Legal Services Commission of South Australia

Telephone 1300 366 424
For free legal advice and information about all legal matters including Advance Care Directives.

Health and Community Services Complaint Commisioner (HCSCC) South Australia

If you are concerned about how your advance care directive, or a friend or relatives advance care directive has been adhered to by health practitioners or health services you can contact the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC) to make a complaint.

Complaints can be made by completing an online form or contacting the HCSCC directly.  The HCSCC Office is open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.

Phone: (08) 8226 8666 or phone: 1800 232 007 (Toll free from Country SA landline)


Royal Association of Justices SA

Training is available from the Royal Association of Justices of South Australia (RAJSA) for any authorised witnesses. The training is free for RAJSA members and $5 for non-members.

You can telephone 08 8297 4044 to find a JP to witness your Advance Care Directive.

Click here for further information.

Law Society of South Australia

Telephone 08 8229 0200
To find a private lawyer for personal legal matters.


Services for people with impaired decision-making capacity

Office of the Public Advocate

Telephone 08 8342 8200 or 1800 066 969 for country SA.
For information and advice on issues affecting people with impaired decision-making capacity, including disagreements about health care, accommodation and personal decision-making.

South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

Telephone 1800 723 767
SACAT can make Administration Orders, Guardianship Orders and orders giving consent to medical treatment for people with impaired mental capacity or impaired decision-making capacity. 


For help in planning your future if you are concerned about memory loss or dementia.

Other services for seniors

Aged Rights Advocacy Service

Telephone 08 8232 5377 or  1800 700 600
ARAS provides an advocacy service to assist people over 65 who have concerns about their aged care service or who are at risk of elder abuse.

Seniors Information Service

Telephone 08 8168 8776 or 1800 636 368 for country SA.
For information about services for seniors including aged care accommodation.

Palliative Care Council of South Australia

Telephone 08 8271 1643
For information about palliative care services.

Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record

To register for an eHealth record.